I'm done I'm done I'm done! Ahhh-hhaaaaa-aaaahhhh-hhaaaa-ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! (that was the sound of the heavens opening and angels singing) I've been working on this since JULY (if you click on the label "Spiderweb" along the left-hand side of the screen, it will pull up all my posts on this quilt) and I'm glad I was able to finish it in time for Christmas and the end of 2010! Once I post photos later this week of my other finished quilt, I'll make a lovely mosaic of all my finished quilts and swap items for this past year :)
My husband was completely surprised (for once!) and has been living under it the past few days. He gets a little possessive if I try to use it, which I think is really cute ;)
Apparently I must have accidentally touched the lens before I took these, because there's a smudge in each of these photos. I'm sorry! Unfortunately I didn't notice until late last night when it was dark and I couldn't go outside to retake them....and it's raining right now, so I can't run outside and snap a few quick photos this morning either. Boo! So for now dear readers, you'll just have to live with blurry spots :( I cleaned my camera last night after I discovered the annoying blurry spots, so it won't happen again.
And please pardon all the dog hair. My parents have a St. Bernard and his fur got ALL OVER this quilt. The hair you see is what remains after 2 vigorous washes, so I can tell I'm going to have to lint roll every square inch of this quilt to get it all off...not looking forward to that.
I used Kona Cotton in Indigo (navy) for both the sashing and backing, and perl cotton in a kelly green color for the hand quilting. For the binding I chose Joel Dewberry's Herringbone in Lake because it matched the navy really well, plus I thought it was kind of spidery looking when I laid it horizontally next to the quilt....so that's how I cut it. This print in Lake and Pond are my two favorites from the Modern Meadow line and I've been stockpiling them like crazy!
I needed to bind it in time for Christmas so I could have a somewhat presentable quilt I could wrap, so I still have to quilt the semi-circle webs that run along the outside edge of the front (next to the sashing).
Ick. The dog hair is seriously grossing me out. If I'd thought it would show up this much in the photos, I would've spent an hour sticky-rolling it. But I didn't. Because I'm impatient. And wanted to put photos up for you guys. Please don't imagine I have a dirty, disgusting house with dust and dog hair floating about on everything...because I don't! Far from it. Whiskers is a low-shed dog, plus I vacuum and dust religiously. Scouts honor.