1. I found an adorable new merchant on Etsy that sells some of the cutest textiles and prints. And speaking of awesome Etsy shops, some of my other favorites are this one, this one, this one and this one.
2. I mentioned this last week, but I think it bears repeating. The Post Office has Flat Rate padded mailers now! You can order them for free from their website, and since they're a little larger and have more give, they fit waaaaay more than the regular cardboard flat rate envelopes. The cost is the same...only $4.95 anywhere in the U.S.
3. Just heard some exciting news that Heather Ross will be putting out a 3rd Far Far Away collection! It will include three Snow White and two other kids prints. Supposedly they will be a cotton/linen blend like her last line, but two of them will be sheeting weight. The line will debut at Spring Market, so I bet some pictures will start cropping up soon!
photo from MarthaStewart.com
4. Super cute strawberry pincushion tutorial from Martha here. Go use up those scraps!
5. And here's another one of my favorite tutorials. If money grew on trees, I have those canisters in my kitchen to match this, this, and this.
photo from delicious days
6. Know someone that's under the weather? Having a bad day? That did you a huge favor? Well, then bake them a precious cake in a mason jar! I like to place a scrap of fabric (instead of paper) on top of the lid and tie it in place with a piece of twine :)
7. After the MQG meeting at my house last night, I'm feeling a little self-consious about the amount of fabric scraps I own! It's a love/hate relationship. So continuing on the theme of #'s 4 & 6, here's a link to some great ideas for using up those tiny pieces of fabric in your stash. I especially like the no-sew flowers and light switch covers.