The first one is my block for Project Special Delivery. I signed up for a green block and it had to go out by Apr. 7th....so naturally, I finished at 11 pm on the 6th...good times, noodle salad :)
I used up some 2" scrap blocks I had lying around my sewing room, and the sashing fabric was from one of my Solids of the Month bundles - how fun is that?
And this was my final (and wretchedly late) block for the Quilting Divas Mini Bee. This is the first time I've ever been late for one of my bees/swaps :( ...it was due to a combination of factors really. When I signed up, I assumed it ran like the 3x6 Bee and I'd have 3 months to complete them. Wrong-o. After committing to hexie blocks, I realized I only had 2-3 weeks - yikes! I didn't want to back out because I rounded out the group and they'd have to find another person at the last minute, so I convinced myself I'd be able to finish my blocks within a few weeks if I hustled. Well...needless to say, I grossly underestimated how long it would take me to hand sew 6 blocks. So yeah...that's why I was 2 months late with my final block. Sorry 'bout that Jamie :(
Block for Mariposafabrics (she requested a black solid paired with jewel tones)
And here's a lil' mosaic of all my finished blocks for the Quilting Divas bee..