1. Here's a fun little tip. Whenever you go into a chain fabric store like Joann's or Hancock Fabrics, make a sweep by the fat quarter bundles and individually rolled fat quarters. I've found all kinds of designer fabrics from lines like like Wild Thyme by Carolyn Gavin, Red Letter Day by Lizzy House, and West Hill by Heather Ross mixed in there.
2. The online quilting world has been abuzz with this news all week, but Denyse Schmidt released a new fabric line this week through Fabric Traditions. Instead of being sold in independent quilt shops, it's being carried by JoAnn's! My local store only carried 5 of the 21 prints in the collection, but if you click here you can see swatches of all the prints and grab the item numbers in case you want to call and pay to have certain prints shipped to your local store :)
3. I know this isn't nearly as exciting to you as it is to me, but Ann Kelle's newest incarnation of the Urban Zoologie line will have SCOTTIE PRINTS!!! GAHHH!!!!! Sir Whiskers shall have such a lovely new red, white and black Scottie-themed bed to lounge on come Fall!
Photo by Ann Kelle
Photo by Ann Kelle
4. Did you know you can fill out customs forms for international shipping online? I hate filling out the ones at the post office and having to mash my pen on the carbon copies like the Hulk, so I complete the form online, print it on a full page-size label, cut, and stick it directly to my package. Easy as pie :) But make sure you bring in the other part of the form that prints out (the part you don't stick to your package), because the post office needs it for their "records".
5. Aren't these sewing pins the cutest? I'm a sucker for anything strawberry related :)
6. Wondrous Woven Fabrics has all their Innocent Crush fabrics 30% off through April 18th. Enter the code 8great2 to receive the discount (and even better, they cut by the fat quarter!).