1. If you're participating in the DWR Quilt Along, I've started a Flickr group! Feel free to post photos of the lovely fabric bundles you're putting together for it - I'm itching to see them :)
2. Lately I've been thinking a lot about storage. Namely, cute storage solutions. Found some good ideas here and here, and some amazing inspiration here.
3. I've also been thinking a lot about babies, since roughly 94.2% of the females I know are pregnant right now. Check out this quilt pattern (scroll down to "Monkey Business") in the latest issue of Quilter's World. Isn't that about the cutest baby quilt you've ever seen?
Photo courtesy of Quilter's World
Or how about this sweet & simple lamb quilt? I like it because it's gender neutral, and could work well with just about any nursery decor. I love giving presents like that because they're a lot less stress trying to coordinate! Also, you can get an early start instead of waiting to find out the sex of the baby and the subsequent color scheme. All this talk of nursery colors is reminding me of that scene in Juno where Jason Bateman is talking about yellow being a "gender neutral" color...lol!
4. Looking for some cute business card designs for your online shop (or other purposes)? Well here are some adorable ones for FREE. I heart Jessica Jones' designs so much.
5. Here are some cute DIY ideas for Father's Day:
- I love these little bowtie cards. I'm gonna pick up a cheap bowtie at a thrift store/TJ Maxx and make my own version. They look like they want to be all grown up and serious, but I can't help but wanna squeeze their little cheeks :)
- Have one of those "already has everything he needs" kinda Dads that are impossible to buy for? Yeah, me too. So I always get him food...and honestly, that's what he prefers. He loves when I drive up to Kentucky to visit, because I always bring a cake sampler box from Haydel's plus a giant a box of Napoleons and other French pastries from La Boulangerie. Whenever I can't be there in person, I send packaged specialty foods he can't get in podunk London, KY. These labels will be perfect for personalizing things a bit :)
- How about a manly (and hilarious) apron for the BBQ King? But seriously, here is a link to two free manly-looking apron patterns.
Courtesy of tipnut.com
- For the Techie (my father-in-law), here are about a zillion different iPad and Kindle case patterns. That tutorial list is bound to give you some good ideas.