1. I'm still thinking about storage solutions. Check out this adorable fold-out needle box kit.
Photo from Michelle (i like orange, too)
2. After seeing the above photo of Michelle's snazzy quilted pencil cups (bottom right), I immediately set out to find a tutorial. Mission accomplished.
3. I hate how ribbons fray at the end after you cut them, but I've always been too lazy to actually look up directions on how to prevent it. Consider this another item checked off my To Do list.
4. Fabric.com is having a huge Christmas in June sale. Most prints have been marked down to about $7/yard, and you can get another 15% off the sale price with the coupon code THX115. I was having a moral dilemna yesterday when I got the sale email, because I wanted every single print from this collection and also this one. However, the final price tag wasn't husband-friendly, plus I really only need Fat Quarters of any given holiday print and the smallest cut they offer is a 1/2 yard. My friend Karen and I came to a solution that will probably work for most of you...we compared shopping lists, and then ordered the prints we both wanted so we can split them into FQ's. Win-Win. We both get the Christmas fabric we want, but at half the price :)
P.S. Novelty Christmas prints make the CUTEST Mod Bento Box quilts. Have I ever shown you guys pictures of the one Karen made for me last year? I love how she mixed in some flannels for added texture. I nap under it year-round. And one of these days, I'm gonna get around to making a cute advent calendar and tree skirt. I'm telling myself this year is gonna be the year I finally do it. We'll see ;)
5. Form & Fabric is having a 20% off moving sale, plus shipping is only $2.99. I bought myself some wholesome and delicious Aviary 2 prints - yum yum. I got the Bloom print in Lilac and Granite, as well as the Lodge Lattice in Lilac and Vintage Yellow.