September 30, 2011
1) I found an awesome new fabric shop called Form & Fabric. They offer $2.99 shipping on all orders, and have a nice selection of out-of-print Echino and Anna Maria Horner prints.
2) I know my friend Angela will be all over this sale because she loooves Sweetwater! Quilt Home is offering 25% off all in-stock Sweetwater prints with the coupon QHSWQC.
3) This looks like a fantastic book! It's called Sewing with Oilcloth, and I keep flipping through the copy at my local Barnes & Noble, debating over whether I should order it on Amazon or not. Anyone tried her patterns yet?
4) Never done embroidery before? Want to try something simple for a project like a few embroidered words? Then you should check out the tutorial I used from Jenny the Artist when I was making my mug rug for the 1st round of that swap. It's really easy, and the choices are virtually endless when you consider all the different fonts floating around out there! It would be really easy to make handmade, personalized Christmas stockings this way :)
5) Haven't registered for the Sewing Summit yet? Well, you should! The last day for registration is this Sunday, Oct. 2 (closes at midnight). *chants* Do it! DO it! DO IT!
Labels: scottie watch