April 13, 2012
1. Found a Tula Pink Neptune print here for $8.50/yard. Ready, set, GO!
2. Also, Whittle's Fabrics just posted a huge batch of new fabric on their site, all going for $4/yard. It includes some Parisville, Nicey Jane, Innocent Crush, Habitat, Greenfield Hill, etc.
3. For those of you left wondering how you'll edit your photos now that Picnik is nearing the end, check out PicMonkey! It's free (just like Picnik was) and so far, I actually like it a little better!
4. A couple of my friends have posted some pretty awesome free tutorials this week! Kristie @OCD posted a fun gardening apron on Sew Mama Sew (which I think would be adorbs alongside my knee pad! *nudge nudge, wink wink* You'll be stylin' & profilin' in the garden between the two of us!).
And Ang posted a meticulously written pattern on Moda Bakeshop today for that breathtaking owl backpack she created for the Sliced finals. Wonder if the adorable baby girl comes with it...
5. Be still my heart, Orla Kiely has teamed up with Bed, Bath & Beyond to produce some bedding!!! *sigh* I love Orla. The line comes out sometime in May, so mark your calendars (no word on a specific date yet...and trust me, I've been keeping a sharp eye on this!)
6. For you aspiring fabric designers out there, did you hear the upcoming Adobe Illustrator CS6 will have a tool for easily creating & editing patterns? That's right. You'll be able to easily create repeating vector patterns. Awesome.
Ray was watching one of his favorite techy YouTube channels and when they started talking about this, my ears immediately perked up and I had to wrestle him for the controller to keep him from leaving the video. I startled the bejesus outta him, because I always tune that stuff out and he couldn't understand why in the world I was so interested in repeating vector patterns, LOL!
Labels: scottie watch