April 27, 2012
1. Unfortunately I can't take the credit for this first item, because my genius friend Cherie came up with the idea. Instead of buying one of those expensive rotary ruler suction thingies for $20-$30 at your LQS (or if you don't have a LQS and want to avoid shipping) you could go down to your local hardware/home improvement store and buy one of these for only $12. Toma-toe, Toma-toh, Ruler Gripper, Elderly Shower Handle. They're exactly the same, except one comes in pretty colors and costs $10-$15 more.
2. Save 20% off a purchase of $40 or more at Fabric.com with the code 'DOD412' (good through April 30th)
3. Save 25% off all Denyse Schmidt fabrics (including Flea Market Fancy) at Quilt Home using the code QHDSFMF' (good through April 30th).
4. Save 20% off your purchase at the Fat Quarter Shop with the code 'AnnaMariaQAL' (good through May 8th).
5. I also have to give Cherie credit for this one too...she brought it to our retreat and I might have swiped it a time or two (so did Cara). It's called a Strip Stick and it doesn't look like much, but it makes pressing seams SO much easier, and it doesn't pull or distort the fabric while you iron. If you do a lot of smallish piecing (think HST's), bee blocks, or patchwork, you should definitely buy one. I already did :)
6. These labels are technically for labeling jam and other homemade goodies like cookies, but I think they would be adorable if you typed them up and spit them out on printable fabric for quilt labels!
Labels: scottie watch