October 5, 2012
1. Anyone else see this cool contest Creativebug is putting on? Pretty much all you have to do is Pin crafty stuff you've made on Pinterst to win. Best contest rules ever, in my opinion. They might as well have said, "all you have to do to be entered is breathe air", because I get busy on Pinterest like nobody's business!
Click here to see official rules and register your email/Pinterest board.
Pink Castle Fabrics is having a huge sale on her site! She just added all kinds of goodies from Free Spirit like Modern Meadow, some older Heather Bailey lines like Bijoux, Hope Valley, a few voiles + home dec from Anna Maria Horner.
As for me? I finally snagged some of that Fox Hollow I'd been eyeballing for weeks. It's going directly in the "future babies" stash...do not pass go, do not collect $200 (or even think of using it for someone else! mine, mine, MINE!!!)
UPDATE! My friend Tracey just alerted me that use can use the coupon code SPIN15 for 15% off your order. Party on Wayne.
3. Caitlin over at I Don't Do Dishes has gotten some adorable things in her shop recently, namely the EverKelly patterns geared toward little ones. Seriously. How are you not supposed to want children after looking at these patterns?
These little houses make my ovaries twinge. The fabric on the left is a panel of pieces to make the dolls and houses. The houses even have handles, so you can carry them around like a purse. Right now, I'm wondering if it would be acceptable for a 28 year old to do so.
4. Fabric.com has a coupon for 20% off any order - not sure when it expires, but I checked it this morning and it still works. The code is 'sewsorry'. Readers: you're welcome. Husbands: sew sorry.
5. Over at Quilt Home, you can use the coupon 'QH1492' to get 40% off all Innocent Crush, Secret Garden, Impressions, and Sugar Hill quilting weight fabric, and also off Innocent Crush, For Your Home, Logan, and Impressions home decor fabric. Also use the code 'QHABZW' for 20% off all Amy Butler fabric plus Willow and Zoofari organic cottons/flannel.
6. At Sew Fresh Fabrics, use the code 'NEWS20' for 20% off your purchase through Oct. 8th.
7. Most importantly, in case you didn't know, it's Count Chocula season (CCS). That wonderful time of year when everyone puts their differences aside to eat delicious and nutritionally void vampire-themed chocolate cereal (and also a time when roughly 25% of my Facebook posts revolve around this legendary cereal). And even though I'm 99% sure they reduced the marshmallow to cereal ratio which makes me very unhappy, I'm still going to stock up on this stuff like I'm prepping for the flood. I suggest you do the same. CCS only comes once a year, after all.
Side note: I'm wondering who the heck they put in charge of drawing his nose, because it's kind of disturbing looking. No wonder his mouth is always open, because he can't breathe out of that blob masquerading as a nose. Also...in my mind, it makes sense that the Count would be drawn by a giant group of artists instead of just one. I prefer to think the group is as super dedicated to the Count Chocula cause as I am, while one rogue artist played saboteur with his allotted face part.
Labels: scottie watch